Communications Internship at NYC Midwives
NYC Midwives is looking for a Communications Intern to support the organization’s social media presence and set the groundwork for a longterm & sustainable internship program!
NYC Midwives is membership organization of midwives residing and/or working in New York City. The chapter aims to support midwives and the practice of midwifery, while increasing visibility of and access to midwifery care in the city.
Applications DUE 7/10. This internship will run from 8/1/17 - 12/20/17 (though this is negotiable depending on individual circumstances).
Intern responsibilities would include:
- Posting to Facebook, instagram, twitter
- Brainstorming and working with experienced midwives to promote the organization, midwifery, and education about birth
- Start monthly or weekly online projects such as Meet-the-midwives or birth stories from folks who’ve worked with midwives.
- Run a once or twice annual event to bring the midwifery community together with doulas, other birth workers, and folks in search of midwifery care.
- Start a Queer & Trans Pregnancy & Parenting Group
- A passion and drive for promoting midwifery and birth education
- Residence in or near New York City, NY and the ability to do on-site work for creating & organizing events
- Ability to commit at least 10 hours a week to the internship (or more if desired by intern)
- Encouraged to apply: people of color, indigenous people, trans and queer people, young/teen parents, and people with disabilities
- There is no education requirement, only an ability to think creatively about social media, have access to a computer and the ability to use it regularly, and communicate with others in person/on the phone/over email.